Phoenix International Systems unveiled industry’s first FIPS 140-2 certified encryption Open VPX NVM Express (NVMe) Solid State Disk data storage module.
The VP1-250-eSSDC is a VITA 48/REDI conduction cooled 3U VPX SSD storage module that delivers extremely high performance. Designed from the ground up to remove legacy layers of hard drive interfaces such as SATA and SAS, it takes full advantage of the speed and parallelism of solid state nonvolatile memory. Streamlined efficient queuing protocol combined with an optimized command set register interface enables low latency and high performance. Data is delivered fast and efficiently with minimal burden on the host CPU. The VP1-250-eSSDC supports TCG compliant AES-256 and FIPS140-2 certified encryption as well as military grade data elimination.
NVM Express (NVMe) is an industry-standard registered interface designed to accelerate the performance of nonvolatile PCI Express (PCIe) SSDs. The NVMe protocol was established in collaboration by server industry leaders to standardize a scalable PCIe interface, making it easier for designers to unlock the full potential of PCIe. NVMe provides opportunities for increased data throughput and reduced latency all while reducing the number of drives needed — both now and in the future. Adoption of this industry standard is driven by a strong consortium of storage technology providers and a robust ecosystem of drivers across multiple operating systems.
Major Features of the VP1-250-eSSDC Data Storage Module:
- Out-of-the-box software, drivers and manageability enable easy adoption and storage interoperability
- Capacities to 15TB Optimized register interface and command set lowers latency
- Sequential 128KB read: 1.2 GB/s
- Sequential 128KB write: 1.2 GB/s
- Operating shock: 1000G/1ms
- Operating vibration: 10 GRMS 5–800Hz @ 30 min/axis
- Advanced flash management for enhanced reliability and durability
- Streamlined protocol with efficient queuing mechanism to scale for multi-core CPUs
- 1,000,000 hours MTBF