The new modules for the NI SLSC architecture test complex electronic and flight control systems.
Bloomy Controls, Inc. announced the availability of five new modules and accessories for the NI Switch, Load and Signal Conditioning (SLSC) architecture. Designed for aerospace hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) simulations for testing complex electronic control systems, Bloomy’s new SLSC products include:
- SLSC modules and accessories8-Channel Thermocouple Simulator Module – Eight channels of galvanically-isolated thermocouple simulation
- 8-Channel VDT/Resolver Simulation Module – Eight channels of variable differential transformer (VDT) sensor simulation
- 8-Channel Load Module – Isolated current and voltage measurements for eight on-board 5W loads or off-board 120W loads
- Multipurpose Module – A convenient solution in an SLSC system for applications ranging from a simple rearrangement of signals to installation of circuits and components
- ThroughPoint™ Interface Panel – Highly-flexible connection between the unit under test and multiple SLSC modules and other system resources in an SLSC-based test system
The new SLSC modules are a fundamental technology in the Bloomy Simulation Reference System, which is the common platform for Bloomy’s HIL simulation systems for Full Authority Digital Engine Controls (FADEC), Flight Control Computers, and Environmental Controls. In NI PXI-based automated test systems, the PXI chassis provides power, cooling and a communication bus for modular instruments or I/O modules. Bloomy’s SLSC modules interface the general-purpose PXI components to the specialized, often complex signals of the unit under test. The modules provide signal conditioning and fault insertion and enable engineers to customize the standard I/O for high-performance aerospace test and simulation applications. Additionally, the cables and connections are designed so components can be reused from one system to another to meet future test requirements – reducing maintenance, integration time and troubleshooting.
“Bloomy has delivered turnkey HIL Simulators that are used by leading companies for testing aerospace Full Authority Digital Engine Controls (FADECs), Flight Control Computers and Environmental Controls,” said Greg Brown, Principal Offering Manager, Validation Systems, Aerospace, Defense and Government Business at NI. “These simulators are enabled by Bloomy’s modules, accessories and extensive real-time test application domain expertise and are a valuable addition to the NI ecosystem.”
Bloomy Controls, Inc.