The Internet of Things (IoT) and the rise of a machine-to-machine (M2M) ecosystem have been long anticipated. As the ecosystem converges with major trends like the cloud computing and big data, businesses need to be prepared to securely address the new wave of connected intelligent device and protect the data that comes with them. To help better understand the realities of security in this coming wave, Beecham Research has analyzed the relevant results of its recent research survey conducted for Oracle of the M2M/IoT market. This analysis of security concerns and methods for the IoT era are enhanced by additional recent studies by Beecham Research focused on key points:
- How important is a ‘system approach in securing any IoT program?
- How are the latest principles of security for IoT affecting program success?
- What are the best practices in strongly securing devices, data, identiry and more?,
- If innovation is key to differentiation, how do you deliver innovation without compromising on security, which is often paramount?
- What are the impacts on device manufacturers and ISV’s? More cost or more opportunity.
- Learn how our research may affect your organization or project.